Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Playing Catch-up

    Okay so I have been gone for awhile.  Let me tell you.. a lot has happened!  Joseph came back from deployment early in October due to having severe allergies in which he goes into anaphylactic shock. (He's allergic to enviornmentals) So it was this totally amazing thing and yet at what price.  He can't do all of the things that he used to do without being worried about having a possible severe allergic reaction. Needless to say it sucks.  (Especially for Joe) It's hard when you are such an active person and have always been able to do anything and everything... and then all of a sudden you have to completely re-learn your body.  It's hard watching him go through that.

    When he returned from Afghanistan we got pregnant immediately.. We were SO excited.  Probably the best news we could have ever received. We went out and started our baby registry.. Then nine weeks later it all came crashing down.  It was an ectopic pregnancy. My right fallopian tube burst and I had to go in for emergency surgery. After tons of doctors visits it was concluded that my left tube had blockages and our safest and most successful way of having a child... would be to do IVF.  So here we are. (I know I summarized that pretty quickly lol)

    Now we're on the pathway to IVF and I'm getting ready to start all of my meds on the 23rd. I'm kind of nervous about having to poke myself with needles and such... but hey! No pain no gain!  We have had to pay for it all out of pocket so it has proven to be a very tight year for us.  However I am remaining positive that it WILL all pay off in the end! So that's the majority of what has been going on.  I have been away from blogging for awhile... but I am hoping to get back into it.  It might be a neat way to keep track of our IVF journey. :)  Everyone keep us in your prayers that it all comes together for us during this cycle. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment